December Treats

I wanted to quickly share (by my standards) the few things I've recently obtained. In fact, very recently, just two days ago. I hadn't even had time to play with any of these, but I also wanted to take some pictures before "ruining" their untouched appearance. That's now achieved so I can finally have a go at wearing these. 

I haven't been able to wear lipstick at all for almost a year as my lips are just too dry for anything but the most hydrating lip balms, reapplied 3-4 times an hour, but since my skin treatment saga will be concluding (hopefully) soon enough, I figured I'd reward this process with a new lippie. I've been wanting an orange lipstick for a long time, and I've been aware of this shade for years. I found a photograph on my phone of the tester of this particular shade dating back to last May. So clearly, I really wanted it. Peachy/coral shades also suite me quite nicely, so I'm really happy to have finally purchased the Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Pur Couture (Couleur Pure Éclat Satiné) in 23 Corail Poétique

Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Pur Couture, No.23 Corail Poétique

I've really been loving using my Diorshow Fusion Mono in Millenium the past month, as I mention here and here, so I went ahead and got the other colour I was lemming, #881 Hypnotique.


Diorshow Fusion Mono, No.881 Hypnotiqe

Finally, I got the Kanebo Sensai Loose Powder in Translucent (which is the only kind they make). "Enriched with a high concentration of the revolutionary Weightless Moist Glow Factor, an exquisite feather-light and translucent light-reflective powder that gives your skin a natural, radiant glow." 
Sensai Loose Powder (Translucent)

I've never had a loose powder before, but this one caught my attention and since my skin is dry and very dry currently, but I still want to be able to set my foundation (I don't like for it to feel tacky when done, but all of my current powders are too mattifying, so even though I get the satisfaction of the smoothness immediately after I've applied my makeup, after a few hours it's a different story - dry, cracked and yeah...), I thought this would give me the lightly set finish I want, without looking dehydrated as the day goes on, which I can pack on later when my skin is more oily again. Interestingly, the leaflet that came with it said (as always) that the product is infused with water and silk for rich hydration. A hydrating... setting powder? Really? We shall see. The puff it comes with is sensationally soft! It's the deepest velvet I've ever touched (velvet is a fabric woven from two different types of thread - one is like a net base, and the other is usually silk or viscose, the soft shiny part, which when magnified really resembles what a carpet looks like, it's threaded onto the netting and the ends "stand up", millions and millions of them). I compared the Shiseido Perfect Foundation Brush to dense, enormous velvet (or a sponge made of bristles), so this puff may turn out to be a fantastic way to apply product. Neither the box or leaflet say what material the puff is made of, but I'd be somewhat disappointed if it wasn't silk, seeing as it's what Kanebo preach left right, up, down and center. 



So those are my December treats! I can't wait to play around with them and perhaps give my impressions once I have a better idea of how they perform in the near future. TTFN for now =). 

Comments

Popular Posts