Feel-good June haul


It's nothing incredibly groundbreaking or new, but I'd been looking forward to these items for quite a while, so when I finally received them, I was sincerely overjoyed! I've been sleeping really poorly and being unacceptably lethargic and unproductive during the day as a result, you know, stressing out about a million and one things, and these treats temporarily muted every concern. I enjoyed receiving them, opening the boxes, the entire process, and have just the best first impressions. I even slept more peacefully that night because I felt like I was on a cloud for having spoiled myself just a tiny bit.

I got the Shiseido Pureness Oil-Absorbing Blotting Papers because I've never tried anything like that before, and thought it would be good for summer (which has so far been weeks of grey skies, rain and +10C, d'oh!).

I've been preferring bar soap to liquid body washes and have also been exploring a number of L'Occitane products, so opted for their set of four shea butter Savon Extra-Doux soaps. The set includes Lavande (Lavender), Verveine (Verbena) and two Lait (Milk) bars, each 100g. I opened up one of the milk bars and so far am loving it. It's very creamy, produces a generous lather and not only does it smell divine when you use it, it fills the entire bathroom with its beautiful scent when you're not. It definitely leaves the skin feeling squeaky clean, I'm not sure yet if that's a good thing because it may mean the skin is being stripped of too many natural oils, that still remains to be seen, but it doesn't feel more tight or dry than usually, so, so far so good.

I repurchased my favourite mascara, which I haven't had for around a year and a half – Chanel's Inimitable Intense in Noir, and also got their eye makeup remover, Démaquillant Yeux Intense, solution biphase douce (gentle biphase eye makeup remover). This is my first item of Chanel skin care, and I kind of lost it. I shouldn't admit to this, but I must have spent half an hour groping the box and not being able to get enough of how nice the heavy cardboard, its perfectly glossy finish and exquisitely raised writing/logo felt. An awesome sensory experience! I'm sure the novelty of that wears off eventually, I mean you throw the box away and what really matters is the product inside, but I just really appreciated every bit of it. So far what's inside the box has performed really well too!

Finally, I got a pair of darling gold plated earrings from Snö of Sweden. I wanted something for everyday - demure and minimalist, all of which these are to me. I've been wearing gunmetal earrings every day and wanted to change it up with a yellow metal. I've worn these a couple of times and they're exactly what I wanted – they pull a look together, but are light and fuss-free so I don't even feel like they're there. The only negative about them are the rubber stoppers, which fit very tightly, so it takes serious effort to get them on and off, but on the bright side, once they're on, they're not going anywhere! Super secure!

So that was my pick-me-up haul. I'm very pleased with all my treats, will be using them all the time, and all the better that such useful things are such a pleasure to use ;). 

Comments

Popular Posts