Dior Millenium as Liner B-Day Look

I've been wanting to share this look I'd come up with for a while now, since my birthday was weeks ago. Unfortunately, as punishment for putting this off for so long, I really don't remember the majority of what I'd put on to achieve this look, which is why the quality of this post shall suffer.



My main goal was to focus on the eyes and keep the face and lips as natural as possible. The face – because it was impossibly hot, in addition to the hours of slaving in front of a stove I had to do, therefore logic would suggest I wore my Shiseido concealer on my pigmentation problem areas and no actual foundation. The lips – because I'm fond of eating and drinking at a party, especially if it's my own, so it's only wise to keep that area as low maintenance as possible. That leaves the eyes as the area where to focus all the drama. I wanted to do a smudgy, rock'n'roll cat eye, that, should my makeup smudge and melt even further with the heat, would still look intentional. I wore Dior's Chimere Fusion Mono all over my lid, some plain white matte eyeshadow for brow bone highlight, drew a conservative kitten flick with my brown Shiseido pencil liner, which I also used to line my upper and lower waterline, which I then went over with my Dior Fusion Mono in Millenium, wet, on a liner brush. Millenium isn't on its own a dark enough shade to do a a kitten flick, in my humble opinion, but applying it over a pencil liner worked out really well, again, IMHO. I also smudged it underneath my lower lashline.


Other products, I presume, that I used in this look were the Kanebo loose setting powder, Shiseido eyebrow pencil in Ash Blonde, Chanel Inimitable Intense Mascara, Chanel blush in Rose Ecrin, and Guerlain's 4 Season's Bronzer in 00 Nude. As for the lips, I ended up layering Estée Lauder's Mauve Struck and YSL's Rouge Volupté Shine No. 15.

I did my makeup in the early afternoon and it served me quite well into the early morning hours of the next day (I did reapply the eyeliner on my water line after retrieving the last of the tapas from the oven at about 9 P.M.). So there you have it, my 2014 birthday look. I was personally really pleased with it, and also had a great time with my friends on the night =).

Comments

  1. I love the look! Dior Millenium looks gorgeous over the brown liner. I'll have to play with my products to see if I can get this effect, but I suspect it won't look as striking on my coloring.
    Your eyes are beautiful!
    I see from your profile that you're a professional - it comes across in the quality of your photos and the expressiveness of your face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the kind comment, I'm blushing =)!

    Definitely play around with the Millenuim! I don't actually have a lot of makeup, my daily eyeshadow looks come from one quad, three cream shadows and three single eyeshadows in complimentary colours - either leaning green or purple, which I find lend themselves beautifully to endless combinations. Well, at least I'm not bored with my collection yet!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts