Holiday Audrey Hepburn inspired Face Of The Day

Hope everyone is in their personal happy place this holiday season, I sure am! Family, friends, lots of amazing food, a gorgeous tree decorated with care, and a couple of days to slow down and enjoy living in the present. It was sunny this morning so I decided to soak up the rays coming through the window and take my sweet time getting ready. Namely, I wanted to recreate, or rather, do my version of a recent video by Lisa Eldridge, where she did an Audrey Hepburn 1950s look from the film Funny Face.


I applied my usual foundation cocktail, YSL Touche Éclat under the eyes, Kanebo Sensai loose powder to set the t-zone and Dior's Chimere Fusion Mono all over the lid. I then dusted the lightest shade, Flirt, in the Smashbox Photo Op Eye Shadow Trio in Cover Shoot, all over the mobile lid. I applied the white pearly shade in the Guerlain quad 08 Les Perles onto the inner corner, and the Chanel single shadow in 70 Platine as a topper on the center of the lid. Honestly, you don't need all these shades, but every palette seems to give you zero opacity pearly shades that you don't actually want, so might as well look for ways to keep them in rotation. 

I drew a faint kitten flick with a brown pencil liner as a guide, before going over it with a black liquid liner – both by Kanebo Sensai. It's the strangest thing – when using a pencil, I can do my left eye in mere seconds, perfectly, and struggle with the right eye, and it's the exact opposite with the liquid liner. I hadn't used a liquid liner in ages and what followed was a massive fail. I managed to do my right eye quite beautifully, covering up the so-so pencil liner underneath, but the left eye was an utter disaster. Not only that, I also made it much, much worse trying to go in with a q-tip and some Bioderma to fix it, only to get the semi dissolved liner all over my lid and under my eye. It was horrible! I had to get a cotton round and just completely wipe off everything on and around my left eye and start over. Practice makes perfect, and although the second time around was nowhere near perfect and still needed minor q-tip alterations, it was good enough for me, so I popped on two coats of Guerlain's Maxi Lash and moved on.

I finished the look with Chanel's eyebrow pencil in Brun Naturel and blush in Rose Ecrin, as well as a light dusting of the Clarins Colours of Brazil bronzer along my hairline. For lipstick I wore my only red, no liner, and applied lightly with a brush – YSL's Rouge Volupté in 15 Extreme Coral

A look fit for a fictional princess, and although I wasn't extravagant enough to have champagne for breakfast to go with the makeup, we did open a bottle of sparkling wine this evening, which was just as delicious and fabulous! Cheers ;)! 

Comments

Popular Posts