A Goodnight Haul


The day will be over in mere minutes, but I wanted to share a quick haul, just because it cheered me up and got me excited after a long day of more downs than ups. Some of these products are re-purchases, so I know I like them, others not so much. No in-depth reviews here, just a quick overview for anyone who appreciates pretty things ;).


First up is the Body Shop Moringa scrub and body butter. I've had a soap of theirs in this scent and liked it fine, although I find their fragrances a bit hit or miss – either they're amazing, or synthetic and nauseating (to me). This one ever so slightly veers towards the latter category. I don't dislike it, but it's a bit much over time. The scrub has a much more diluted fragrance and therefor smells much nicer, almost a bit like porridge (for god's sake do NOT eat it tough!), while the body butter is as full on scented as the bar soap was. I got the set, which, by the way comes with those shower gloves, for the better value, even though I'd originally wanted just a body butter in as inoffensive a scent as possible, like shea or something. It sang its siren song and I succumbed.



Next I got the Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion+. A while back I tried a bunch of Clinique samples. I'd set out to try their Extended Thirst Relief moisturizer and was given everything but the kitchen sink by the nice sales person to try in addition. I hated the first and second step of every regimen I got – all of the cleansers and toners dried out and irritated my skin and neither the Thirst Relief or Dramatically Different Gel did anything for my skin after the havoc the previous products had caused. The Lotion+ however felt soothing and moisturizing so I decided to get it for a night cream. It's a stupendously better value than the Vichy I've been using and even though it doesn't fully absorb into my skin, it leaves a tacky film, it doesn't feel suffocating like the Vichy, and many others, which makes me want to tear my face off, unless I apply it at the very last possible moment before bed, and chant distractions until I fall asleep. I debated getting the gel instead because my skin was in an unusually dry state at the time, and I have oily combo skin, so on paper the gel should be my preference. Also, I much prefer the scent of the gel – it's mild and botanical, I like it, whereas the lotion smells like lanolin (code for sheep). I've read people say they smell the same – no, they don't. Anyway, after a long internal debate, I got the lotion and fingers crossed it'll work just fine.

I repurchased the L'Occitane volumising shampoo and my mom got the repairing one for herself. I just had to include them both in the picture! The volumising is better for people with thin, flat hair and an oily scalp, and the repairing is best for dry hair, dry scalp – an obvious choice for her since she has highlights. I like them both but the volumizing formula is immensely better for me, even though I prefer the fragrance of the repairing shampoo by a landslide.

I got my second bottle of the Elizabeth Arden Visible Difference Gentle Hydrating Toner. It's alcohol free, I love the scent and the consistency. It's for dry skin, but I feel like it manages my excess oil and any makeup residue very nicely. Feels wonderful to use, hence the re-purchase.

Finally, I got the Kanebo Sensai 38C Volumising Mascara. The formula will be very familiar as I've gone through two of their lengthening and separating mascaras, but this should suit my lash needs better. I wish it had a regular tube like the other mascara, this one looks bloated and not as aesthetically pleasing. I really don't think it was a legitimate need to accommodate the curved wand, which I've never used before, because I've seen plenty of curved wand mascaras in slim tubes too. Anyway, quite excited about this one as I'm so over the mascara I'm currently using (the Guerlain Maxi Lash, sigh).

So there you have it, my April/Easter/Goodnight haul and some capsule opinions. Sweet dreams and happy holidays =).  

Comments

Popular Posts