Kiko 28 & Inglot 419- Peacock NYE Look

I'd wanted to try a look like this, a dramatic wing with the Kiko cream eyeshadow stick, ever since I got it in Milan, spring of LAST year. So, last night I was feeling bored and finally tried it. Full disclosure, I didn't actually wear this out, in fact – I piled everything on over my existing face of makeup, knowing I'd be washing it off in a few hours.
The eye-look was actually very easy to achieve. The Kiko Color-Up Long Lasting Eyeshadow in 28 was still sharp enough to just draw the wing on, no other tools required. I carried the blackened, forest green colour over to the lower lash line, and blended the rest of the mobile lid out with the Inglot eyeshadow in 419, an antiqued gold/olive green colour. To highlight the inner corner of the eye, brow bone as well as my nose and cheek bones, I used the light, pearly pink shade in the Guerlain Écrin 4 Couleurs in 08 Les Perles. I also used the Revlon Colorstay Eye Liner in 202 Black Brown on the upper and lower lash line, as well as the waterline. To finish the eyes, I added as many coats of the Maybelline Colossal Volum' Express mascara as would adhere to my lashes.


For my base, I added not one, not two, but three more pumps of the Revlon Colorstay Makeup Combination/Oily in 110 Ivory, as well as caking on a generous layer of the Mac Studio Fix powder foundation in NC15. No, I don't know why. Maybe, subconsciously I wanted to see what reality TV levels of makeup actually felt like. And no E! Network inspired look would be complete without some in your face contour, courtesy of the Clarins Colours Of Brazil Summer Bronzing Compact.

Finally, I overdrew and filled in my lips using the Smashbox Always Sharp Lip Liner in Nude Fair, and wore the Estée Lauder Pure Color lipstick in F9 Mauve Struck. I also exaggerated my eyebrows even further with my Shiseido Natural Eybrow Pencil in BR 704.

Initially I thought the base, despite being so heavy (for me), looked really good in photographs, but when I looked at them on a proper screen, I was horrified. I didn't know my skin was capable of looking so textured and rough! As for the eye-look, I think it's perfectly wearable, however, it would probably crease fast on my oily lids, and look worse for wear sooner rather than later. Something I'd definitely not do if I were to actually wear a look like this out, is lining the waterline. No matter what eyeliner I use, I get a headache after half an hour of wear, which makes my entire face droop because I'm in pain. I really like the effect it gives, but I cannot deal with it in real life, only pictures.

The hardest things to wash off were the Kiko cream eyeshadow and the Revlon eyeliner. Those are some seriously waterproof/water resistant formulas! I love and have almost used up the light lavender shade I also got, it's a great base shadow, and while I love the charcoal green, I never reach for it. It's just so dramatic, such a statement, and I really don't have any occasions in my diary to break out a look like that (sigh), which is why I really enjoyed playing with it.

Think of this as an inspiration, fantasy look. I had fun creating it, I don't regret a thing, and will most likely wear a toned down version of this look to ring in 2017!

XO-Or.

Comments

Popular Posts