Happy Mother's Day, happy Sunday!

Just wanted to pop on here and do a short, sweet post to spread a little beauty. Today is Mother's Day here, as well as in many other countries. I hope you're able to share the day with your family and make it a little special. I know it's not possible for everyone, for other reasons, too, than social distancing. 


My mom is my best friend and I try to do my best to treat her on special occasions. She often worries about the cost of things and feels bad when I spend money on her, which in turn makes me feel bad because my intention to bring happiness translates to worry instead. Life is too short to constantly deny yourself its little pleasures, so we're both learning. Me, how to be generous within reason, and her, how to accept gifts without calculating the worth in groceries and bills.

For this Mother's Day I baked a chocolate cake, ordered a marble side table from Zara Home for my mom's remodel (not here yet) and arranged a sumptuous, fiery bouquet, inspired by summer in Tuscany (we've never been there, but maybe someday).



It was a beautiful Sunday – warmest day so far, if I'm not mistaken. The temperature was up to 20C at one point. Not too windy, with just one or two odd clouds in the sky. I'm making a point to note this, because next week is going to be rainy and cold, with an average of 6C. I know my mood is going to plummet. During periods like that it seems like the last sunny day was months ago. Who can even remember it. Well, I'm writing this down so I do remember it. At least this way I'll have a more vivid memory, which will hopefully keep me motivated until the next heatwave.

I hope you had a beautiful Mother's Day, or if you're not celebrating, I hope you had a lovely Sunday. 

OR

Comments

Popular Posts