Think Pink Spring Haul

This winter has been dragging on for eveeerrrr... I'm not kidding – it's May 5th, it was barely above freezing and drizzled a mixture of snow and rain. Technically it's spring, but nothing is blooming, the weather is basically fall and nothing is allowed to go on yet. My morale is pretty low. I feel like everything is on the verge of happening and coming to life, but not quite yet, so I wanted to help will some new beginnings into existence with a little makeup haul. 


I've been craving pink – nude, blush, rose, copper... Warmth and luminosity. Back in the day, a light, shimmery pink eyeshadow was my only look, and while I've evolved, I miss its simplicity. This kind of shadow is also great as a pop of shimmer over the center of the lid as part of a more complicated look. Currently I'm very close to using up my go-to main lid colour – the Inglot Freedom System Eye Shadow AMC Shine 31, and my go-to blast from the past Dior Chimere hasn't been usable for years – I just keep it around for reference (but I very nearly used it up all the way – there are just a few flakes of it in the jar). Considering all this, I gave myself permission to add a few wearable nude-pinky-taupy eyeshadow shades to my collection. 



I got the Revlon ColorStay Creme Eye Shadow in 710 Caramel, the Maybelline ColorTattoo 24hr Cream Eyeshadow in Socialite and the Make Up For Ever Artist Color Eyeshadow No. D562 Taupe Platinum. Because of all the mask wearing, it hardly makes sense to wear lipstick any more, however I do occasionally pop some on for Zoom calls. I mostly wear Aquaphor, vaseline or lip balm, but I've been wanting to elevate that look a tiny bit without making it totally impractical, by adding some definition with a nude lip liner. I got Maybelline's Color Sensational Shaping Lip Liner No. 10 Nude Whisper to try out. If I like it, I'll get more – they seem to have really nice colours, both nudes as well as deep, rich colours. 



I've compared the above-mentioned items to similar things in my collection – the Inglot 31, Dior Chimere and Chanel's Stylo Eyeshadow in 127 Laurier Rose. Yeah, there is definitely a theme! I'm interested to see how the formulas of these new items will perform and how the colours will look on my eyes/lips. Overall, I'm just excited to play with some new makeup! 



Hope your spring hasn't gotten lost on its way like mine has, and here's to brighter, warmer months to come =)! 

OR

Comments

Popular Posts