Dior Rouge Blush: Rose Baiser

Back in 2020 I was on the hunt for an everyday blush. Face colour products in general are not a category I feel like I need multiples of. Some variety is nice, but for the most part, I could be happy with one blush and one bronzer. For me, that one blush should be a warm toned pink, not so warm that it's actually peach, and it should not be shiny. A tall order considering the obsession with needing to glow, but I'd found a strong candidate. 

The Dior Rouge Blush in 361 Rose Baiser fit the description of what I was looking for remarkably well. If you look very closely, it isn't a matte blush – there are some very delicate sparkles, but you can't really see them once applied. 




Dior's packaging is lovely, although they've “slimmed” it down and it doesn't feel as “extra” as before. The blush comes in a velvet pouch and Dior still provide a little useless blush brush. I'd personally prefer they skipped the brush and had a more square shaped compact, but maybe there are customers who really need those brushes and it makes sense to cater to them. 



In terms of colour and texture on the skin, I really can't fault it – it is exactly what I wanted. At times it was more difficult to build up enough colour to show up on my skin, because I don't wear foundation and it sort of blended in too much. As per some criticism, it was a bit too soft and powdery for my preference. As I mentioned earlier, I got this blush in 2020 and I've since actually used it up. I enjoyed it a lot while I was using it, but one thing I wasn't a fan of was how the powder behaved after I'd hit pan. The formula is quite soft, so the remaining pressed powder started to fall apart in chunks rather quickly and try as I might to salvage it, a bit too much ended up in the trash for my liking. I'm talking around two months worth of daily use by my estimate (based on the chunks I did save and kept using in a jar). 



I haven't re-purchased Rose Baiser and have been using some other products up in the meantime. Recently I started shopping around for a new warm pink blush and I keep going back to this one. It's been long enough that I've forgiven its poor performance at the end, and especially while writing this and revisiting the pictures, I'm struck by what a beautiful colour it it.

I haven't made up my might about re-purchasing it yet, but it is a very beautiful, natural looking colour, and if it speaks to you, I recommend trying it out. 

OR

Comments

Popular Posts