Diorshow Fusion Mono #381 Millenium pt1


I simply couldn't help myself! Think of this as a bit of a frantic first impressions post. I received the Diorshow Fusion Mono in Millenium around midnight on a Friday (purchased in a duty free shop, as are all my high-end items, to explain the peculiar hour). You can see how it came packaged in my previous post here, I took those pictures immediately the same night. Mine no longer looks smooth and perfect as it did. I could have perhaps gotten away with it if the first look I'd done had been something very sheer and demure, achieved by barely tapping my finger onto the the product, disturbing the surface as little as possible. But that's not what I had in mind, no.

I had to work all weekend, and the look I was dying to try is what I would call a non-work-appropriate one (well, for me, depends on what you do for a living of course), so when I got home, completely exhausted, the following Sunday, I finally gave it a go. If you think it's messy, you're right! That was the point. I wasn't aiming for clean or precise, I just wanted to have a bit of fun and get this look out of my system. Mission accomplished, I think (there may have been a post-work, unwinding cocktail involved, wink)!

Diorshow Fusion Mono #381 Millenium in Claws-Out-Meow-Mode.

I lined my upper lash line with a black kohl pencil, leaving the line deliberately thick and somewhat all over the place, because, I don't know about yours, but my kohl smudges away into nonexistence (ergo, why bother?), and did the same on the lower lash line, about ¾ of the way. Next, I did an over the top flick and pulled it into the crease, also about ¾ of the way. There was some freehand smudging and re-drawing and intensifying, oh, and trying to make the two eyes match of course, before I actually proceeded with the cream eyeshadow. I applied Millenium all over what I'd drawn with the kohl and a bit further up past the crease to soften the line. Then I went over everything with a blending brush and reapplied the the kohl on ares I wanted a more sharp and dark edge.

I thought that would be it, but it wasn't. I figured, what the heck, and pulled out my liquid liner, lined both the top and bottom lash line (something I never, ever do), and actually tried to line the water line as well (hey, when in Rome, right?), which didn't work, but at least now I know not to do that anymore (basically, the black transferred onto my eye, flowed around on its surface and... Just don't do it, okay). I forgot to mention that I was doing all of this over the makeup I'd been wearing all day, which after 12 hours had somewhat faded away, so I used a darker eyebrow pencil to redefine my brows and added another coat of mascara. To finish off, I applied a pearly white highlight to the center of my lid and just under the outer edge of my brow (I never do the entire brow bone, not even for this crazy look). Done!

I don't know why, but I just really wanted to do something completely out of character for me. It was really fun to go all showgirl/ballroom dancer! Truthfully though, the moment it was done, I wanted to take it off. I just don't like the feeling of so much product on my eyes. I think I wore it for about 30 minutes or an hour, including the 15 minutes it took to do, knowing I'd be taking it off shortly because I was going to take a nice, long hot shower. Point being, you can definitely use Millenium for a super intense look, but the odds of me personally recreating it for a night out are slim to none.

Next I'll be doing a look I would definitely wear, and the picture quality will hopefully have seen a major improvement from using the built in webcam on my laptop, in absolute darkness with the aid of a desk lamp, to using the selfshot function on my 4-year old phone, and hopefully, the Sun. Stay tuned for Millenium pt2 ;).

Comments

Popular Posts